Latest News – Goodbye Owls!
Following a fantastic Leavers’ BBQ yesterday, our wise old Owls entertained everybody during their Leaving Assembly this morning with stories about their favourite moments from their time at Oakfield. Mrs Smith handed out personalised books, bookmarks and photographs to all the children, who then sang their leaving song. A few tears were shed by children, parents and staff alike! We wish them all the very best for the future and are so proud of each and every one of them. It has been a pleasure to see you grow into such talented, kind and hard working young people. Now go and enjoy a well earned summer holiday!
Recent News – Oakfield’s Got Talent
Yesterday we held our annual ‘Oakfield’s Got Talent’ competition and were amazed by the skills of all who entered. We were entertained with great gymnastic feats, magic tricks, singing and dancing. Well done to everyone who entered. Our judges, Mrs Hinton, Mr Reardon, Miss Rice and Mrs Cunningham had a very difficult decision choosing the winners, who were:
1st – Hannah, Alex and Joe, Y1
2nd – Poppy, YR
3rd – Jessica, Y1
1st – El-Mae and choir, Y4
2nd – Emma, Y6
3rd – Rosie, Y3
Congratulations to our overall winners Sofie and Emily in year 4!
Welcome to Oakfield Primary school, a small, friendly school in Totton between Southampton and the New Forest National Park in Hampshire.
Our overall aim at Oakfield is to achieve the highest quality education for each individual child coupled with providing a secure, happy and stimulating environment where children can develop confidence and grow in all respects. This has now been recognised following our recent Ofsted inspection in which the school was judged as good.
We believe that education is a partnership between parents and children. We feel we are all involved in playing an important part in making school life fair and happy for everyone, ensuring that partnership brings about the greatest success in children’s learning.
I do hope that you enjoy looking through our website to find out what our children have been learning about and seeing the exciting events happening at Oakfield.
Oakfield Primary is a GOOD school …it’s official!
Ofsted inspection March 2014. The staff, governors and most importantly the children, have worked hard and we are extremely pleased that Oakfield has been recognised as a GOOD school.
Inspectors said that:
- Attainment at the end of Key Stages 1 and 2 in English and maths has improved since the previous inspection
- Pupils make good progress across Key Stages 1 and 2, achieving well over time
- Children in Year R get off to a flying start!
- Children enter Year 1 with above average attainment in reading and maths and broadly average in writing
- Pupils scores in the Year 1 phonics check improved to above average in 2013
- The proportion of pupils who attain at the higher levels at the end of Key Stages 1 and 2 is increasing
- There is a positive climate for learning: pupils’ achievements are celebrated well and they are guided effectively
Of the children they said that our pupils…
- are friendly and polite
- have a positive attitude to learning
- behave well and socialise well together
- enjoy school
- think teachers make learning fun
- say bullying is rare and school deals with it effectively
- are interested in learning because there is a positive climate for learning
- feel safe at school
- have a good understanding of right and wrong
- spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is promoted well
- play well together
We are all thrilled with this judgement.