Our 3rd and final Sportshall Athletics League Match at Testwood yesterday ended with Oakfield finishing 2nd in their group: a fantastic achievement!
- ANOTHER 1st place for Emma in the girls 2 lap
- 2nd places for Liam and Sid in their race
- a photo finish for Ollie in the boys 2 lap (we’ll claim first in that one)!
- 2nd place in the boys relay
This group have been an absolute pleasure to take to these events: representing the school magnificently, being great sportspeople and developing their ability every time!
And don’t they look great in our new Oakfield sports kit 📸
Thanks to the parents who have volunteered across the year and it was great to have our Oakfield cheerleaders in the crowd last night 📣
Brilliant work team 🥈
Yesterday afternoon, a group of Year 5/6 girls attended a girls football competition at Brockenhurst College.
Despite facing some really tough competition, the girls battled well and earned themselves some respectable draws.
It was a great experience and has hopefully inspired some of the girls to continue pursuing football further afield. ⚽️
It's those Athletics legends again...!
In our 2nd Sportshall league match at Testwood School, the Athletics team put in an outstanding effort to climb to 2nd place in Pool 2.
Special shoutouts include:
- Emma: coming 1st in both her races and running twice in the relay
- Ollie: a quick 2nd place in his race before heading off for football training
- Ruby: mastering the triple jump technique of a hop, skip and a jump
- Liam: helping his time despite carrying a slight injury
- Sid: running twice in the relay and taking part in both jumping events: long jump and triple jump
- Poppy: a mammoth shot put throw and being a super supportive team mate
- Sam: showing determination and encouragement for all athletes who took part, helping his team to a brilliant 2nd in the relay
I was so proud of the team last night and the way they each supported each other and filled gaps despite being an athlete short!
One more league match to go, let's try and achieve that silver medal!